GD Geocell Earth Retention Install Guide
1. Excavate and shape foundation soils.
2. Ensure foundation soil meets minimum strength requirements through proof rolling or other conventional method. If unacceptable foundation soils are encountered, excavate and replace with suitable quality material.
Separation Layer and Base Materials Installation
3. When separation between subgrade soil and infill material is required, place geotextile over subgrade.
4. If additional base materials or engineered soils are required between separation geotextile and GD Geocell, install the appropriate depth and compact to a minimum 95% Standard Proctor or 90-92% Modified Proctor test - dependent upon locale and soil conditions.
GD Geocell Panel Placement and Connection
5. Position and expand GD Geocell panels to the appropriate dimensions. Hold individual panels in their expanded positions with rebar J-pins or wooden stakes. Join panels using traditional stapling methods or connecting studs.
6. Confirm each GD Geocell panel is expanded uniformly and correctly aligned. Nest panels along each joint to ensure adjacent GD Geocell panels are flush at joint and adjoining cells are fully anchored. Alternate the installation of rebar J-pins or wooden stakes to ensure each panel is stable.
Exposed Aggregate or Engineered Infill
7. Fill GD Geocell with specified aggregate material progressively from front to back. Be sure to use an infill material with particle sizes appropriate for the specified depth of the GD Geocell.
8. For vegetative walls fill inner cells progressively with aggregate infill material. Limit the drop height of infill material to 1m to avoid displacement of the cell wall. Fill outer cells with soil to allow vegetation to grow.
9. Overfill cells to allow for layered compaction, as the structure forms. Ensure to stagger rebar J-Pins on each layer.
10. Compact infill to a minimum of 95% Standard Proctor or 90-92% Modified Proctor test.
Click Here for a GD Geocell Specifications & Install Guide.
We deliver Green Driveway products across North America and into Mexico.
Contact us for a project estimate or to purchase our materials for your personal or civic project.