Gravel Driveway, Path and Parking Stabilization
GD Gravel is a stabilized gravel system consisting of a foundation of connected honeycomb-celled panels with a geotextile backing. Once filled with gravel this system is ideal for vehicle or pedestrian traffic with no compromise in strength and durability. This eco-friendly system costs less than asphalt, concrete or block pavers.
Weed Free and Porous Gravel Surface Stabilization
GD Gravel solves the problems associated with loose gravel; sinking, migrating and forming ruts. This is a proven solution for hassle-free gravel paving for all types of vehicle or pedestrian traffic with no compromise in strength and durability. The underside incorporates a durable geotextile which is heat welded to each cell, allowing water to drain easily while preventing weed growth. All panel edges have an interlocking system that makes for easy installation, even on steep grades.
Made with either 100% recycled PP (polypropylene, black or green) or recyclable PP material (white or gray), our proprietary manufacturing process provides a rigid honeycomb core design that holds its uniform hexagon shape while providing maximum load bearing. When filled with gravel the product is practically invisible, making for attractive driveways, pathways and patio installations. This porous and eco-friendly surface allows for storm water to permeate into the soil, dramatically reducing runoff problems.
GD Gravel is an excellent gravel stabilizing system. The video (right) gives you an idea of how strong the product is based on the use of this hexagon, closed cell system. (Video courtesy of COREGravelUK, medium duty permeable paver featured.)
All GD Gravel grids are available in white virgin polypropylene or black recycled polypropylene. Both options are virtually invisible when filled with gravel, even when using a light coloured aggregate.
Why choose GD Gravel over other products on the market?
All of our grids (grass or gravel) are closed cell systems. Meaning all of the cells are attached to the neighbouring cell with no breaks. This ensures an even weight distribution.
GD Gravel Benefits
- Gravel Stabilization - Get gravel to stay put, no ruts, no sinking, no problems.
- Low Cost - Because the gravel won't move around you can use less, giving you a porous surface that costs less than concrete, asphalt or block pavers.
- Superior Strength - Enhanced load bearing eliminates rutting, separating or sliding with vehicle traffic.
- Reduce Base Gravel Layer - Gravel Equivalent Factor (GF) is 4"-6" for every 1" of our CORE Gravel grid height.
- Weed Reduction - The geotextile backing underneath each panel prevents weed growth.
- Green Solution - Environmentally friendly porous gravel paving allows the rain to drain over the entire surface.
- SUDS Compliant - Because GD Gravel is porous it is ideal for solutions requiring a Sustainable Drainage System.
- ADA Compliant - Ideal for pedestrians, bicycles and wheelchair traffic.
- Invisible - When filled the product is practically invisible, leaving you with a stunning surface that is easy to maintain.
Green Driveway Product Features
- All of our grids contain Carbon Black as a UV (ultra- violet light) inhibitor.
- All of our grids are made by Injection Mold, the highest quality process available for creating rigid plastic products. Lower quality 2-part extrusion molded products that come in rolls and have non-continuous surfaces are not uniform and the plastic has the potential to separate with tire turning.
- All of our GD Gravel and GD Grass grids have flexibility (resistance to fracture), tensile strength and maximum shearing load (thank the bees for these last 2).
- All GD Gravel grids come with a geotextile fabric heat-welded to the back of every single honeycomb cell. This saves time and money during installation.
Click Here for GD Gravel Technical Specifications (P. 10 & 11).
Click Here for more GD Gravel Resources.
Want to touch and feel our product?
Click Here! to order your samples now.
We provide sample packs ranging in price from $10-$25 depending on where you are in Canada or the USA.
We deliver Green Driveway products across North America and into Mexico.
Contact us for an estimate on a project or to purchase our materials for your personal or civic project.
Green Driveway products are certified by: